Dorico Pro 3.5 Cross Grade
Music Notation Software
Dorico Pro 3.5 Cross Grade
Music Notation Software
Dorico Pro 3.5 Cross Grade
NEW in Dorico 3.5:
- Pitch Before Duration - When you want to experiment and try out ideas during note input, Dorico Pro 3.5’s new pitch before duration note input method is invaluable: you can play freely on your MIDI keyboard without inputting any notes, and only commit to a particular note or chord once you specify its duration. Users coming to Dorico from other music notation software, particularly Finale, will feel right at home – and even those who are happy with Dorico’s existing entry methods will find it a useful addition to the toolbox.
- Figured Bass - Figured bass is a system of numerals representing intervals above a written bass note, as a shorthand way of notating harmony in music of the Baroque and Classical periods. Dorico Pro 3.5 introduces the most comprehensive and intelligent figured bass feature of any music notation software. Using a dedicated popover, quickly add figures to any bass part, and choose how they should appear with a complete set of engraving options. The figures even adapt automatically when you change the bass note.
- VST Expression Maps - Today’s professional sample libraries and virtual instruments are increasingly sophisticated and require musicians to manipulate several MIDI controllers, key switches and other parameters simultaneously to get the best out of them. Enter Dorico Pro 3.5’s expanded VST Expression Maps editor, with conditional switches – for example, to use a particular sound when a note is shorter or longer than a certain duration – and improved handling for techniques that can be combined with other sounds, without needing to define every possible combination in the expression map.
- Guitar Notation - Dorico Pro 3.5 introduces further new features for composers and arrangers writing for guitar: support for tapping, hammer-on and pull-off, and a variety of techniques for the vibrato arm, or whammy bar, make it easy to notate even elaborate solos for electric guitar. And adding a grid of chord diagrams showing the shapes used in your piece is now as simple as checking a single box, with sophisticated control over the size, spacing and number of rows of chord diagrams to be shown.
- Condensing for Divisi - One of Dorico’s most unique, ground-breaking and time-saving features, the ability to automatically create a condensed conductor’s score with a single click, is further extended in Dorico Pro 3.5 with support for condensed divisi for string section players. It’s now simple to have beautiful multi-staff divided parts and for the conductor’s score to show a single, correctly labelled staff.
- Line Editors - You can now add to the 40 preset horizontal and vertical lines available to your project with a suite of advanced editors that allow you to customise every aspect of the line’s appearance: specify the thickness and length of the line and its end caps; add text to the start, end, or along the length of the line; design your own patterns of dots and dashes; and combine tessellating symbols to create lines that change in intensity or design over their length.
- Hollywood-style Parts - When preparing parts for film, TV and game recording sessions, many Hollywood copyists always leave additional empty staves at the end of each cue, so that there is plenty of room for any handwritten insertions that need to be made on the stand. Dorico Pro 3.5 reduces this work to a single click, saving time on each and every part. This new functionality also makes it quick and easy to create music frames containing blank, empty staves, ideal for printing manuscript paper or leaving room for students to complete exercises in teaching materials.
- Transposed Parts - For wind and concert bands or other flexible ensembles, you may need to prepare parts for the same instrument in different transpositions. It’s now quick and easy to create parts using different transpositions and clefs, always linked to the original music so changes made in one layout will automatically be reflected in every other.
Dorico helps you to write music notation, automatically producing printed results of exceptional quality — and plays it back with breathtaking realism. It is easy enough for anyone to learn, yet has hundreds of advanced notations, features, options and sounds to satisfy even the most demanding professionals.
Compose - Composing, arranging — or just writing and printing out music — is made much quicker and more efficient with Dorico. Thanks to its intelligent design, it automatically adjusts the notation as you write. With nearly 1,500 sounds included, arrangements can be played back with exceptional realism and, with no workarounds needed for advanced notation, Dorico produces excellent results much more quickly than has been possible before.
Learn - With its streamlined, natural user interface, students and those with less experience in scoring can compose and arrange straight into Dorico, making learning the language of music notation much faster and more intuitive. Editing and making changes — such as instrument, time signature or key — are straightforward, with the notation instantly and correctly adapting to include them, reinforcing the learning outcome. For teachers, producing teaching materials and hand-outs that mix music and text is easy, and it’s never been quicker to adapt arrangements for your band, orchestra or other school ensembles.
Publish - Dorico is the perfect tool for music engraving, publishing, and copying. It automatically lays out pages of balance and beauty, with comprehensive collision avoidance and advanced algorithms that handle almost any musical context with ease. Music made with Dorico has the look of the finest traditionally engraved music, and the software provides tweaking tools to satisfy the most demanding professional. Producing high-quality, crystal-clear scores for selling or performance has never been faster or easier.
- Best automatic engraving of any software
- Easy note input
- Intelligently adjusts notation as you write
- Any number of movements or pieces in a single project
- Automatic layout of instrumental parts, including unique linked cues
- Stunning playback — nearly 1,500 sounds included
- Supports VST 3 virtual instruments and effects processors (30 included)
- Sequencer-style piano roll MIDI editor
- DTP page layout
- Sophisticated chord symbols, unpitched percussion and drum set notation
- Unbarred music, tuplets across barlines, microtonality, etc. all handled correctly — no workarounds
- Transfer to and from other programs via MusicXML, MIDI, PDF, etc.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Bavas Music City users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Thanks for the opportunity to Price Match this product for you. Once this Price Match request is received we will look into it and get back to you (normally within 1 business day). If you leave us your phone number that will be the quickest way to get a response. If not, then we will respond by email, no problems.
In most cases we can match any authorised Australian retailer’s price as long as they currently have stock. Sometimes we may even be able to beat their price for you, so it’s certainly worthwhile taking a moment to fill in the request.
Why choose Bavas Music?
- When you shop with Bavas Music you are supporting a 100% Australian owned business with stores across the country.
- We have passionate staff with the expertise to help you with any after sales support you may require.
- We only source our products from the Authorised Australian Distributors giving you legitimate Australian warranty and distributor support.
- Your Price Match request will help us continue to offer the best prices and service in the country.